The U.S. Department of Education (ED) has proposed to amend the regulations guiding Title IX implementation. The proposed changes would enable schools of all sizes, student enrollment, and administrative structure, to fully comply with Title IX by better aligning regulatory requirements to the nondiscrimination mandate as well as clarifying the scope and application obligations. The six topics discussed include:
- New and revised term definitions
- Obligations to education programs and administrative requirements
- Revisions to the regulations related to pregnancy or related conditions
- Clarification of Title IX’s scope of application
- Revisions to the prohibition on retaliation
- Explanation of ED’s proposal to delete outdated regulatory provisions
Visit the proposed rule page for more information and to submit a formal comment. The comment period closes on September 12th, 2022.