Before participating in vaccine research, you should learn about what to expect and where to find more information. This webinar discusses vaccine research and overviews what to expect as a participant. The presenter identifies questions you should ask and things to consider before deciding to participate. Further, she describes some different ways to find a vaccine research study to join.
This course is available at no cost to independent learners by affiliating with “COVID-19 Free Training (IL)” during the registration process. Click here for instructions. Organizations (including those not subscribed to CITI Program) can add this course at no cost, along with our COVID-19: Back to Campus, Remote Contact Tracing, and COVID-19: Insights for Higher Ed Leaders/a> courses. Add now.
Note: This webinar is based on the “Are You Thinking About Being in a Research Study?” module.
Language Availability: English
Suggested Audiences: Vaccine Trial Participants, Graduate Students, IRB Administrators, Faculty, Researchers, Students
Participating in Vaccine Research
Presented by: Margaret Rankovic, MEd, CIP - CITI Program
- Describe what research is.
- Identify what a vaccine is.
- Discuss different efforts to create a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Review the role, rights, and responsibilities of a subject in a research study.
- Consider reasons to participate or not in research.
- Identify some ways to find a vaccine trial to join.
Recommended Use: Required
ID (Language): 20319 (English)