The Importance of Rigor and Reproducibility in Research
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) emphasizes rigor in designing and performing scientific research and the ability to reproduce biomedical research findings as two of the cornerstones of science advancement. See Rigor and Reproducibility to learn more about NIH’s initiatives.
Research Study Design Training
The Research Study Design course provides you with:
- An introduction to research study design
- A detailed overview of scientific inquiry
- Examples of various research designs
- A discussion of data management methods
- An introduction to statistical analysis
- Sound approaches to optimize the reproducibility of research results
| Add Course
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training
CITI Program’s RCR Basic course covers the core norms, principles, regulations, and best practices for the conduct of ethical research. A module on “Reproducibility of Research Results” discusses factors that contribute to the lack of reproducibility and the effects non-reproducibility has on the scientific community and society in general. The module also describes the stakeholders affected by non-reproducible science, initiatives to enhance reproducibility, and strategies that you can employ to enhance reproducibility in your research.
View Courses | Add Course | Add Module
Back to Newsletter