OHRP will be hosting Exploratory Workshop: Privacy and Health Research in a Data-Driven World on Thursday, 19 September 2019. This is a free event, available live via webcast. The agenda includes the following sessions:
- Is Privacy a Casualty of Advancing Research?
- Approaches to Protecting Privacy & Confidentiality
- Protecting Privacy & Confidentiality: A Shared Responsibility
CITI Program Content on Information Privacy and Security
- Webinar: GDPR & Human Subject Research in the U.S.
- Learn when the GDPR may apply to your research, what you should do to be compliant, and where to go for further information.
- Webinar: FERPA: A Quick Review of the Law for Researchers and IRBs
- Learn about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) as it relates to and impacts research that uses student educational records.
- Course: Health Privacy (HIPAA)
- Covers the core elements of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
- Course: Information Security
- Information on basic techniques for data and device security, including email and mobile devices.
- Course: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Covers the core requirements of the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Module: Research and HIPAA Privacy Protections – Available as part of Human Subjects Research
- Discusses the requirements of HIPAA and how they supplement the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and U.S. FDA requirements.