Join the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), on September 24, 2021, as they host the exploratory workshop, Review of Third-Party Research Risks: Is There a Role for IRB? The workshop will consist of two sessions, each beginning with an overview and concluding with a panel discussion. They will explore several topics including:
- Who Are Third Parties Impacted by Research?
- Ethical Considerations for Third-Party Risk in Research
- Limiting Non-Consenting Third Parties to Reasonable Research Risks
- Public Risk Perception and the Creation of Clear Communications
- Do Research Risks to Third Parties Require a Different Conceptual Approach?
- Insights and Opportunities from Stakeholder Theory
- Why (and How) Bystander Protections Make for Good Ethics and Policy
- Reviewing Third-Party Risks: A Proposed Framework for IRBs (and Researchers)
- Are IRBs the Right Oversight Bodies for Protecting Third Parties?